Welcome to the Inkstains blog of 2008! Here you can find links to the other students' blogs, daily blog posts that re-cap the day's events, and other "writerly" links and information you might find interesting. If you have a suggestion for something we should add to this page, please let us know!

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Day 4 - July 10th

Wow, what a great day!!!!

First, we had the privilege of viewing Harrison's incredible photos.
We did tons of writing and editing for our anthology pieces.
After lunch, we received our Inkstains 2008 T-shirts.
Then we had these really amazing guest speakers and spoken word performers. They gave us a great writing prompt to create "Let me be" poems, and many of us read our writing too.

Finally, we had an unbelievably silly writing activity called "Snowball." It sure did inspire us to write:









Snowball!!!


CHAOS!
It got sillier and sillier...
and sillier and sillier...
Some people laughed so hard they cried. Some laughed so hard their tongues turned blue.

And then we read the stories we'd written collectively...the ridiculous stories that resulted from these snowballs. Nobody could keep a straight face.


What a fun, inspiring, and productive day!


Here's a quick first draft of Sarah's version of the Let Me Be poem:

Let me be writing
always
without fear...
Let me be without conscious or scrutiny
Let me just be writing.

Le me write sometimes with no purpose in mind
and other times with omnipresence;
sometimes for my audience,
other times as my audience,
without judgment or hierarchy.

Let me be a microscope,
binoculars,
a magnifying glass.
Let me see the other side of my words.
Let me be wisdom. Let me go back.
Let me be courage.
Let me be memory.
Let me be writing.

No comments: